Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A scare and a change of plans

Well if you are anything like my dad you will be asking why we haven't posted anything. On day three of biking about 27 miles into our day Ashley suffered from heat exhaustion. We aren't sure what happened but it did. I had been drinking lots o water but it wasn't enough.

So what happened? We were heading out of Harpers Ferry Ia. Going up a steep long hill. I had been swearing a lot but started to feel sick to my stomach and knew I needed to stop. We were in the middle of no where and took a 20 minute break bi was still feeling sick and we needed to make a decision. Go on, call and ambulance or hitch hike. We decided to hitch hike - you know I wasn't feeling like myself. It actually went well these 2 guys with a pick up stopped an loaded up the bikes. They recommended a hotel and drove us right there. It was a great experience and I hope to never do it again.


What to do?

We have decided to keep going but with a combination if a car and bikes. Look for updates soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment