Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Music city - Nashville

Rating - Awesome for music and history

We got in to Nashville on Friday and he first thing we did was walk downtown to the Visitors Center. While raiding the Welcome Center to TN I got a coupon for the visitor pass. This pass hot us into 4 sites each for $25. I know it seems really expensive bit one of the sites was $22 and they were all over $15. Did I mention that everything here was pricey?

On to the awesomeness- while getting our passes we were asked to go to a live radio recording. BJ and I are digging Bluegrass so it was pretty fun to see Ballsum Range live with 12 other people. Plus it was free!

Foodie Time


For all of you that know me way you know I an a bit of a foo snob. I must say that I did not find Nashville to be a food Neva but here are a few places we liked.

Two more food notes

1. They have amazing frozen yogurt with all the toppings you could think of.

2. They love their Yuengling out here and being a PA Girl I am loving it too.

The Sites

Country Music Hall of Fame - if you Country music you will love it here. If not you will feel a bit lost. We went because we felt like we had to see it. To be honest they had a lot of original instruments an costumes which was really awesome to see.

Cheekwood Masion and Botanical Gardens - this was great because we got to see awesome gardens, a small art museum and a historic mansion. I am sorry I don't have more pictures to post at the moment because I was using the cannon for most of the day.

The Hermitage - The this the home of President Andrew Jackson. I actually do not know a lot about him other then the controversy about how he stood up for some while opposing others. The tour and the grounds were really awesome. The only negative was the 100 degree temp withe 80% humidity.

The Belmont Mansion - if I had to choose only one historic site to see in Nashville this would be it. The tour was so detailed and the guides were clearly passionate. The mansion is now part of the Belmont University so the grounds don't look amazing but they have painstakingly restored the interior down to the wall paper with many original pieces. The other awesome thing is that it was built by a woman and her money. She owned it until see died. She also had some unique experiences in the Civil War.

One last note- we would totally but not in July. Boy it is hot. But good news is no more heat exhaustion !

No comments:

Post a Comment